Electric news and links round-up
An eclectic electric mix: market reports, media mentions, pedal generation, an e-bike numberplate, and electric bikes for disabled riders...
Posted by Peter Eland on Wednesday 21 Mar 2012
A selection of reports from trade publication Bike Europe recently give an industry-oriented view of the E-bikes market across the EU:
- Hero of India take over Ultramotor UK
- E-bikes strong in the Netherlands
- ...and also in Germany
- ..and in Austria, too!
- Meanwhile, in America the LEVA have set a performance standard for e-bikes.
- The Ecologist look at how electric bikes are changing commuting
- Gizmag checks out a new e-bike from Opel/Vauxhall
- Accent Magazine talks to Storck Raddar at their HQ in Gateshead
- Electric bikes are often a great boon to disabled people: this blog post from 'Ron's Rants' gives practical advice.
- Are you keen to show your e-bike enthusiasm wherever you go (by car)? And not short of some spare cash? Then this Ebay auction for the EB11KES numberplate might be of interest!
- Seen on the Scoraig wind power blog was this video, showing how electric bike motors make particularly good generators...more details and instructions are here.
No comments have been posted - be the first ...
You must be signed in to post comments. Sign in or register to create an account.